Spoken word marathon. This is wonderful.
Unsure of how to confess your love to someone? Try this:
- Acquire several dozen limes.
- Go up to them and then drop all the limes.
- Start picking them up, but keep dropping them. The clumsier you look the better.
- Keep doing this until you have their attention (this could take up to thirty minutes).
- Finally gather up the limes. Try looking a bit sheepish.
- Look them deeply in the eyes and say, “Sorry. I’m bad at Pickup Limes.”
- Marry them.
Silverstein, Shel. Everything on It: Poems and Drawings. New York: Harper, 2011. Print.
“In a study of North American English, Stanley (1977, cited by Graddol & Swann, 1989, p. 110) identified 220 words for a sexually promiscuous woman but only 20 for a sexually promiscuous man.”
[Sandra McKay and Nancy H. Hornberger (Cambridge University Press, 1995.): Sociolingüistics and language teaching, p. 226]
What were you saying again about how there’s no sexual double standard and sexual promiscuity has equally negative connotations for everyone?
Because this: “the only positive reference to a sexually active woman I could find while researching this piece: sex-kitten.”